Protocol is proud to announce that they are sole supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College boasts some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time.
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. The atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking a Painting and Decorating Assessor/IQA to join them on a variable hours basis.
- Participate in the work-based learning assessment of Painting and Decorating apprentices
- Take overall responsibility for an agreed caseload of students and to ensure successful completion of the full programme.
- Act as main point of contact for employers and students, providing feedback on progress as required.
- Provide high quality training to students both in College and in their place of work.
- Plan and assess learner’s competence and provide feedback in line with appropriate industrial and qualification standards, and record assessment outcomes.
- This will take place in a variety of work environments including on-site assessments, in the workplace or at College.
- Agree and design training programmes in the appropriate area, providing support to students to achieve their qualification within agreed timescales.
- Provide information, advice and guidance to students and employers throughout the apprenticeship.
- Organise and plan assessment opportunities with students and employers.
- Carry out assessment activities in the required locations. Plan, record and schedule assessments, gateway progress and end point assessment.
- Ensure fair access to equality of opportunity in assessment for all students.
- Comply with the relevant Awarding Organisation and College quality assurance processes and requirements in all assessment practice.
- Support students in completing assessment portfolios
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 relevant vocational qualification and relevant vocational CPD
- Level 3 TAQA or Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Qualifications (or equivalent, A1, etc)
- Willingness to undertake or update training / qualifications as required
- Hold an Internal Verifier award (desirable)
- Any industry specific qualifications required by the vocational area.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion