Protocol is proud to announce that they are sole supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College boasts some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time.
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. The atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking a Information Systems Developer to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be part of a friendly and well supported team with the opportunity for career progression which will be full supported by the college. This college also 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, a BUPA healthcare scheme as well as discount offers with companies such as Apple and many more.
- Maintaining, upgrading and developing College use of student records and information systems; including managing systems, process and data regarding: Curriculum, Admissions, Enrolment, Timetables, Registers, Examinations and Achievement.
- The processing and validating of student records data; including management of the individualised learner record (ILR)
- Ensuring the integrity, credibility and completeness of student records data;
- The maintenance of source documents;
- The provision of advice and support to academic colleagues;
- Develop, maintain and support a large suite of in house reports.
- Develop and support the College dashboard and the underlying data Views and warehouse tables.
- Assist in the planning and development of the College MI system.
- Ensure timely and accurate provision of information that supports the analysis of key performance indicators and enables first class decision making.
- To support the IS Manager in administering EBS, ProMonitor and any other College systems which fall under the jurisdiction of Management Information Services & Exams. This will include such duties as:
- To assist in the install, testing and implementation of any upgrades to the software.
- User login maintenance
- Maintenance of appropriate access rights
- Maintenance of reference data
- Training and advising system users as required
- To work in close collaboration with all users of the MI systems and processes.
The person & qualifications
- Degree in a related discipline is expected but candidates with a minimum of Level 3 IT/Computing qualification or substantial experience in a similar role will be considered
- Experience of analysing and reporting data from a relational database
- Presenting and manipulating data using Microsoft Office
- Experience with PL/SQL and T-SQL and the development of database objects such as views, functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle and SQL Server database technology
- Knowledge and understanding of report writing using SSRS or Report Builder
- Able to prioritise work and work to deadlines
- Able and willing to work with minimum supervision, and to demonstrate initiative
- Effective communication skills.
Benefits being a permanent member of CRC staff
- Free gym membership (at Cambridge Campus)
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Park Cambridge
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension schemes
- Discounted rates on College training courses
- BUPA Health Expenses
- Childcare vouchers
- On-site nursery at Huntingdon Campus
- Free on-site parking, and free local travel to college from surrounding areas
- Rewards@CRC – exclusive discounts for staff on high street and online stores
- Occupational Health services
- Free flu vaccines annually for staff
- On site subsidised Costa Coffee (Cambridge) and Starbucks (Huntingdon)
- On site restaurants, refectories and retail outlets
- Regular staff development days
- Free eye care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Christmas savings scheme
- Staff discounted rates on Apple Products, free in-house IT support for personal use, free Microsoft Office software
- NUS Extra card
- Local discounts
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion