A large, dynamic further education college in Merseyside is seeking a high quality Bricklaying Assessor for a full-time position.
This OFSTED Good college is a friendly, diverse and vibrant place to work with students and the local community at the heart of everything they do. Join over 570 staff catering for 5000 students across 300 courses from basic skills to honours degrees with access to state of the art facilities and industry specific workshops.
In this role you will be responsible for assessing learners on apprenticeship programmes within the college and in their employer workplaces. Experience of full or part-time assessing up to Level 3, together with experience of designing and delivering content and/or learning materials within existing frameworks are both essential to this role. The ideal candidate will also possess an A1 Assessor qualification or equivalent.
The college offer a competitive salary and an exciting range of benefits including a generous holiday allowance, reduced on-site gym membership and a benefits scheme which provides savings on Food & Groceries, Fashion & Beauty, Cinema tickets and local rail and bus travel.
- To provide high quality teaching and pastoral support for all students/clients to support the mission, aims and strategic objectives of the College.
- To assess on study programmes for Apprentices from Level 1 to Level 3
- To conduct workplace assessments
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults who are students of the College.
- Develop resources and teaching materials to meet course frameworks and learning outcomes and teach an appropriate timetable in accordance with College Policy
- Develop assessments and mark students’ work, ensuring learning outcomes have been met and that feedback is both detailed and constructive.
- Use technology, including the college’s virtual learning environment, effectively to enable independent learning at any time or place.
The person & qualifications
- The ability to convey information to a range of diverse audiences
- Ability to assess Apprenticeship programmes
- Ability to provide pastoral support
- Appropriate knowledge of NVQ’s in Brickwork
- (Desirable) A PGCE teaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Hold an Assessors qualification
- Level 2 English and Maths qualifications (or equivalent)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.