Protocol is proud to announce that they are the sole supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College boasts some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. The atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking a Learning Support Mentors with Personal care to join them on a full-time temporary ongoing basis.
- Undertake appropriate training and development as agreed with the Learning Support Manager.
- At the invitation of the Learning Support Manager attend statutory annual reviews meetings with parents and/or external key workers of individual students as required.
- To work directly with young people to review their support needs, following the internal college processes.
- Support students with the delivery of therapy interventions e.g. Physiotherapy and Speech and Language Therapy following guidance and programmes set out by appropriate professional.
- Attend and contribute effectively to team meetings and focus on learning support improvements.
- Provide support outside the formal classroom setting e.g. at breaks, Lunch, and on pre-arranged trips where needed and the delivery of study programmes off the college campus.
- Maintain records in accordance with the support guidelines relating to student attendance, target-setting and progression and ensure daily Pro-monitor records reflects the support provided.
- Promote independence and empower students to make progress towards their achievement and champion learning support and inclusion.
- Adaptation of class resources in order to ensure students are able to access learning materials, i.e. enlarging text, modifying carrier language, etc.
- Empower young people to achieve their personalised learning outcomes, including Education, Health and Care Plan outcomes and targets.
- Work in collaboration with the subject lecturing staff and assessors, under the direction of the Learning Support Manger, or their delegate, within a wide variety of learning environments and situations. Support students to access these curriculums both within and outside of a classroom environment including: reading out of materials, note taking, word processing, using enabling technologies, definition of language and other metacognitive skills.
The person & qualifications
- General level of education
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Recent and demonstrable experience of working with people with special education needs
- High level of sensitivity.
- To operate with empathy.
- Ability to motivate
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Able to work independently using own initiative.
- Ability to note take for students
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion