Protocol are working with a large further education College with a long history of delivering teaching and learning in Lancashire to recruit a Plumbing Lecturer within their construction department.
The college delivers education, training, employment and work-based learning solutions to thousands of organisations and learners. They are committed to meeting national and regional education, skills and employability needs for students and employers in their community. The college campus is a short walk from the town centre, with excellent transport links. All feedback from staff working at the college is continually positive and they have been given clear and concise instructions from their first day on a campus.
All feedback from staff working at the college is continually positive and have been given clear and concise instructions from their first day on campus. The College delivers education, training, employment and work-based learning solutions to thousands of organisations and learners from a world class campus with industry standard teaching and learning facilities.
As an hourly paid lecturer you will assist in fostering a rich learning environment by teaching clearly structured lessons or sequences of work. You will be committed to excellence, offering the very highest standards in teaching. You will also be expected to contribute towards marketing. This position is full-time and has the potential to be a permanent placement for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will have the enthusiasm the communicate a real passion for their subject and will be a highly organised individual with the ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Teaching and attendance as required by contract
- Setting, marking and recording of students work including assessments as necessary
- Maintenance of class registers, work programmes and records in your area of work and produce reports
- To positively contribute to a safe learning and work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policy and Procedure
The person & qualifications
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- (Desirable) An assessors award
- (Desirable) A UK Honours degree or NARIC recognised degree in a related subject
- Experience using ICT systems including student databases
- Experience of teaching in a further or higher education environment
- Proven organisational ability
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Ability to write comprehensive and analytical reports
- Be committed to safeguarding and Equality & Diversity
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.