Protocol are proud to be working with one of the Uk’s leading National Skills and Training Providers who due to continuous growth and development are looking for a Head of Quality to join them on a fixed term contract basis for six months to be responsible for the strategic direction of Quality working alongside the Head of Operations and Managing Director to progress through the Ofqual application and embed Quality Management Systems within the business.
- To lead SIAS through its application and transition of systems and processes to operate as an approved Ofqual provider.
- To develop and implement the annual quality assurance cycle including where necessary the development of policies and procedures and ensuring these are embedded within the business
to monitor compliance against.
- The implementation of a regular internal audit cycle ensuring SIAS remains compliant with all relevant regulatory bodies. Ensuring that there is sufficient feedback to SIAS department leads
and making sure that any suggested changes are implemented within the business.
- To share knowledge of best practice within the industry by leading on the adoption and implementation of new policies across the business, ensuring adequate training and support
throughout the transition as a result of Ofqual approved status.
- To ensure the systems and activities of quality assurance and continuous improvement relating to assessments, delivery and Assessors are implemented in full.
- To foster and manage strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders including ESFA, Ofqual and the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
- To lead/support in engagement with external quality assurance provider(s) ensuring requests are actioned in a complete and timely manner for both scheduled submissions and ad hoc requests.
- To work with the Assessment Development Manager to ensure SIAS remains compliant with both assessment design and build, and, assessment monitoring and maintenance.
- To ensure the adequate provision of benchmarking data and analysis to support the review of IEPA associates performance.
- To coach and mentor the SIAS team, by imparting industry knowledge and providing supportive feedback on current practices within SIAS.
- To complete a SIAS RAG report to the Managing Director on Quality processes and practices,and providing this information to the Quality Manager who will support Heads of Department to
make the necessary changes to ensure quality is first-class throughout SIAS.
The person & qualifications
- A degree or equivalent level science/ engineering qualification or experience
- Relevant experience of leading a quality assurance function within a qualifications / training environment
- An IQA qualification
- Evidence of recent CPD within quality assurance
- Experience of developing and implementing quality strategy and embedding best practice through disseminating knowledge and forging excellent working relationships with team members
- An understanding of apprenticeship standards, qualifications and valid assessment
- An understanding of the training environment of the science industry
- An understanding of the requirements of regulatory bodies such as Ofqual or QAA
- Knowledge and understanding of Ofqual General conditions of recognition
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present complex information and data
- A quality mind-set with a passion for accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter and network builder, highly focused and driven to achieve goals in line with business targets and deadlines
- Experience of managing team members via a coaching and supportive approach in order to get excellent results
- Adaptable – able to adjust working style to suit the needs of different target audiences
- Relevant experience of business development
- Able to work in an evolving business environment and respond positively to change, contributing own ideas to achieve business aims
- Able to work independently and effectively within a high degree of uncertainty
- Be willing to undertake travel across the UK, which may involve occasional overnight stays
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.