Our client are a specialist provider of vocational training and recruitment solutions for young people aged 16-18 and adults. We are fully independent but are Ofqual regulated and we aim to ensure the highest standards in training and care for our students.
Specialist Trade Courses opened its doors in 2004 as a constructions skills training centre, training people in painting and decorating, plastering, bricklaying and tiling. Since then they have trained thousands of people and many of our participants have gone on to run successful businesses in property maintenance and development, some even having been featured on Working Lunch and Grand Designs!
They have most recently opened a beauty salon and now offer training in beauty, health, social care, accountancy, business, admin and finance. They are also working with employers to offer apprenticeship training and end point assessment as well as traineeships for learners wishing to gain work experience alongside their training programme.
Ofsted grade 2 in 2018 going through a sale at present and looking for a new leader to help them on their journey. In 2020, learner numbers have grown in all areas of the business: Learner Loans, Levy, Non-Levy and AEB. They have just won a huge tender contract and the chosen Managing Director must hold experience in managing process that accompany this.
To contribute to and influence the strategy of the organisation and to lead and drive that strategy on behalf of the Directors. Agree, monitor and enforce budgets for all departments by ensuring that targets are met throughout the organisation. Lead the senior leaders, be responsible for day-to-day decisions and drive the culture of the business. Generate new business and discover new project opportunities. Identify risks and make sure that the appropriate risk control measures are implemented.
- Hit the agreed Growth and Quality Targets
- Work closely with the Group CEO and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that the departments are working together in productive manner and they are meeting the company goals and KPIs;
- Submit regular reports as required to the CEO and Board;
- Submit monthly reports on the operational and financial results;
- Introduce new ideas that will set the company apart from competitors whilst enhancing the top line and bottom line figures;
- Determine the direction of the business, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, by identify external opportunities & implement to the strategies;
- Consult employees and make adjustments as necessary to build a productive, positive and proactive culture, recognise the teams’ achievements;
The person & qualifications
- Extensive working knowledge of the work-based learning sector including apprenticeships and adult education budget funding (essential)
- A proven record of success in senior line management, within the work-based learning sector, including managing business growth and contract management. (essential)
- Working Knowledge of industry standard and ESFA management information systems
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.