Protocol are working with an East Midlands based college boasting at least 12 different college sites across it’s city. Boasting an offering of over 300 courses ranging from Entry Level to University Level this Educational powerhouse offers academic options for all.
This college boasts nationally-renowned former students as well as highly-skilled industry and academic professionals as part of their teaching staff. Priding itself on student-focused staff and inclusivity this establishment offers a warm and inviting learning environment for every student. Priding itself on one main shared value; personal success for students and all staff.
As well as classroom-based learning this organisation offers an array of Apprenticeships from Motor Vehicle to Dentistry to Business Administration. An opportunity for students to study in a stimulation environment with opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people in a different environment.
We are seeking full-time permanent Construction and Engineering Assessors in the following subjects:
- General and Electrical Engineering
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Brickwork and Plastering
- Plumbing and Gas
- Air-con and Refrigeration
- Painting and Decorating
- Assess and train students of all abilities in the vocational area, testing of skill and related knowledge. This could be conducted in the workplace or College and could involve local or national travel depending on the area of work.
- Take responsibility for a caseload of students ensuring timely completion within agreed timescales appropriate for level and individual needs.
- Ensure the registration and certification of all learners is completed accurately and in a timely manner as per the awarding organisation requirements.
- Continually develop training and assessment programmes that meet individual needs of students and promote their achievement at the optimum pace of the student.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve excellent results ensuring students are equipped with the employability skills and knowledge to support employment in their chosen specialist field and/or progress on to the higher levels of education within their specialism.
Provide students with comprehensive, detailed assessment and progress review feedback in conjunction with the employer to ensure opportunities for learning progression are identified and off the job training recorded
- Assist students with action planning, evidencing progress and achievements and support them with the use of e-learning platforms to develop on and off-the-job learning and development of skills and knowledge.
- Contribute to and participate in the assessment and quality assurance procedures for all programmes/training provision, including Internal verification and moderation activities to the prescribed standards. Contributing to the review and evaluation process in order to ensure year on year improvements.
- Build working relationships with employers within the sector to encourage employer engagement.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a recognised subject related qualification at Level 3 or above
- Hold an Assessor ’s award A1 or equivalent
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- Hold an Internal Verification award V1 or equivalent (desirable)
- Hold a minimum level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- Current professional membership status (where relevant)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.