Protocol is proud to announce that they are the main supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College boasts some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time.
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. The atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking one full-time fixed term and one full-time permanent Beauty Therapist to join their team
- To carry out professional treatments whilst running a column in our commercial Beauty salon.
- Where appropriate to organise activities to enhance learning for students whilst in the commercial salon.
- Ensure that the hygiene and safety of the salon is maintained at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and appearance at all times and keep training on products and services up to date.
- General salon responsibilities such as opening, closing, allocation of clients etc.
- Promote retail sales of products and monitor stock levels for both retail and treatments
use and liaise with the senior technician regarding stock replenishment requirements.
- Initiate and analyse client feedback.
- Liaise with the Health, Lifestyle and Fitness Manager and Commercial Director, regarding operations and opportunities in the salon.
- Provide support and guidance for Apprentices and Work Experience students
- Attend team meetings as appropriate.
- Contribute and participate effectively to the salons’ quality systems.
- Contribute to the excellent customer service in Beauty Therapy and Hairdressing, including assisting with some of the front of the house duties on ad hoc basis.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with the grade, at the initial place of work or at any other College site, as may be requested of you by your line manager.
The person & qualifications
- A recognised Beauty qualification at a minimum level 3 e.g. NVQ level 3, BTEC ND
- Recent, relevant and continuous experience in the beauty industry
- The ability to work with learners and staff at all levels
Benefits being a permanent member of CRC staff
- Free gym membership (at Cambridge Campus)
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Park Cambridge
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension schemes
- Discounted rates on College training courses
- BUPA Health Expenses
- Childcare vouchers
- On-site nursery at Huntingdon Campus
- Free on-site parking, and free local travel to college from surrounding areas
- Rewards@CRC – exclusive discounts for staff on high street and online stores
- Occupational Health services
- Free flu vaccines annually for staff
- On site subsidised Costa Coffee (Cambridge) and Starbucks (Huntingdon)
- On site restaurants, refectories and retail outlets
- Regular staff development days
- Free eye care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Christmas savings scheme
- Staff discounted rates on Apple Products, free in-house IT support for personal use, free Microsoft Office software
- NUS Extra card
- Local discounts
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion