Fancy a change of scenery? A trip overseas perhaps? We at Protocol are working with the State of Jersey to recruit for one of their Further Education Colleges in the Channel Islands!
The mission of this Further Education College is to meet the further and higher education needs of the people of Jersey. The working aim is to provide a high quality 21st century learning environment that will enable students to develop the know-how and wherewithal to live economically, socially and personally fulfilling lives.
The college is a fantastic place to learn and to work with committed and enthusiastic staff and students who are motivated and positive about their courses and their learning.
Not only does Jersey offer a beautiful landscape and a wealth of history, it also has the perfect temporary home for an ambitious Social Work professional searching for a new opportunity. We will also consider permanent candidates for this position.
Flights or ferry and accommodation are provided throughout the duration of the contract with the transport costs covered at the start and end of each term.
There are two positions available related to the BA Social Work degree, both as a Lecturer or as a Practice Learning Coordinator.
- Identify learning needs of individuals and groups, prepare and deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials to enable students to meet assessments and examination requirements.
- Assist in Curriculum development, the planning and evaluation of courses, review of course materials and lead specialist programmes as required
- Contribute to team/faculty meetings including course monitoring and course assessment to ensure objectives are being met
- Set and mark student work for assessment and examination, identify previously acquired competencies, verify assessment procedures, maintain relevant records for report writing, references, records of achievement for internal and external verification/validation purposes
The person & qualifications
- Experience delivering or coordinating on BA Social Work programmes
- A degree level qualification in Social Work or a similar discipline
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- A DBS on the update service or dated in the last 12 months
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.