Protocol are working with an exceptional provider of Further and Higher Education to recruit for a full-time Employer Engagement Executive in the Croydon area.
The client offers academic and vocational qualifications, including apprenticeships, BTEC, City & Guilds and NVQs. Last rated by Ofsted as Good with Outstanding features, they offer courses with top of the class staff to suit every student’s needs alongside fantastic employer links and a rich, vibrant community. This establishment offer the largest selection of vocational curses in the Borough with many of their courses being tailored towards real working environments and our dedicated team of teaching staff.
Working with over with over 1,000 employers in Hospitality, Health Care, Media, Construction, Engineering, Business & Finance this educational powerhouse offer a huge variety of apprenticeships for local students.
As a key member of the Employer Engagement team the successful post holder will be the lead sales representative for the College provision responsible for generating an agreed income and or agreed number of apprentices
- Identify and engage with employers to promote our range of apprenticeships programmes
- Engage with businesses/decision makers to identify training needs, secure new/repeat business and promote Croydon College as the Training Provider of choice
- Responsible for generating and following up leads through cold calling, marketing, social media/networking and face to face meetings to attract new business
- Be a first point of contact for clients, effectively building working relationships with both existing and new employers ensuring a high-quality service is always provided
- Research competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, continually evaluating the market and sourcing new business opportunities.
- Keep up to date with competitor`s strengths and weaknesses, evaluating the market and scoping out new opportunities.
- Cross sell other products, seizing all opportunities to offer clients a well-rounded service
- Work with line manager to define targets and growth plans, including reporting based on sales activity and forecasts on a regular basis
- Promote the benefits of apprenticeships to employers
- Contribute to Croydon Colleges business development plan, using sound marketing strategies
- Meet with employers to evaluate employer expectations are being met to secure repeat business through strong relationships
- Submit all paperwork at the required timescales to meet quality assurance processes and contractual requirements
- Pipeline Management
- Closing sales
- Undertakes any other duties as may be reasonably required.
The person & qualifications
- Substantial experience in apprenticeship sales
- Excellent presentation skills when communicating with a wide range of people, including employers, schools, local authority and other agencies, students and parents.
- Good knowledge of apprenticeship funding and how to apply for it using apprenticeship funding systems, or willingness to learn
- Well-developed understanding of apprenticeship delivery content to advise employers on wide range of apprenticeship types
- Experience of ensuring compliance with statutory/organisation requirements, policies and procedures.
- Substantial understanding of safeguarding, Prevent, health and safety and equalities legislation in relation to apprenticeships.
- Experience of reporting on and implementing quality improvement systems that have had successful impact.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.