Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in West Yorkshire in the recruitment to the position of Course Leader (Digital).
The post-holder will be involved in developing new digital courses and delivering an exciting curriculum.
- Responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates for an identified course or courses.
- Maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team.
- Responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity. This includes BTEC (Levels 1-3), Access to HE and new provision
including P-TECH, Digital T Levels and E-sports.
- Help to ensure all team members maintain and update knowledge of the subject and/or vocational area.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity.
- Develop and adapt curriculum delivery with the course team to maximise its effectiveness and efficiency
- Be responsible for recording student progress and meeting individual and group learner targets.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities and ensure student work is assessed with constructive and timely feedback provided that motivates and inspires students to improve and achieve.
- Market courses and provide high quality IAG (including full participation in open days, transition activity, enrolment and induction).
- Complete a course level self-assessment report and maintain the course quality improvement plan.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
- Take the lead role in engaging with businesses and schools to promote the Digital & IT area, increase levels of learner enrolments and business participation.
- Work as Course leader for T Level courses and other provision.
- To help develop new programmes of study including the Digital T Levels, P-TECH (IBM) and E-sports courses.
- To undertake relevant training to enhance and build new skills (potentially through both formal and informal courses/qualifications) around the latest technological developments and enhancements, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine
Learning, Blockchain Technologies, Cloud Computing, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Virtual/Augmented Reality, Drone Technology, amongst others.
The person & qualifications
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting
- Experience developing creative learning materials for groups of learners
- Substantial experience of undertaking internal verification and moderation activities
- Ability to develop and deliver strategies to improve retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for groups of learners
- Ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified cohorts
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.