Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in South Yorkshire in the recruitment to the position of Curriculum Manager – Creative Industries.
As Curriculum Manager for Creative Industries, you will have responsibility for the Visual & Performing Arts and Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy provision, which includes performing arts, music, art & design, media, photography, graphics, fashion, hairdressing, beauty therapy and media makeup.
You will be required to provide dynamic leadership in the day to day operations in these areas, ensuring they provide high quality education and that the students receive an outstanding learning experience.
In this challenging role you will be required to have the skills and vision to continually develop the curriculum, ensuring that the offer meets the needs of learners, employers and addresses local and commercial priorities.
- Lead curriculum development through to successful delivery, supporting in the designing of the curriculum and internal and external learning environments.
- Manage the commercial salons to ensure realistic working environments so that assessment opportunities are maximised for learners.
- Ensure high quality teaching, learning and assessment is delivered both through face to face and blended delivery models.
- Work with stakeholders across the sector to establish appropriate work placement opportunities, community-based initiatives and clear progression pathways for learners.
- Support the Assistant Principal to ensure that the performance of the area is of a high quality.
- To do so you will achieve key targets to ensure the delivery of agreed strategic objective covering the following:
Learner success and achievement outcomes / Commercial, Project and Funding Agency Income / Quality of Education and learner experience / Development of the curriculum to meet the local and regional skills needs
The person & qualifications
- A minimum level 3 qualification in Visual & Performing Arts or Hair & Beauty
- A level 5 teaching qualification
- A degree or management qualification (desirable)
- Evidence of consistent high performance in curriculum and people management, reflected in outcomes for learners and financial performance
- Experience of leading cross-college projects and collaborating with key stakeholders within the further education sector
- Experience of managing and implementing FE quality improvement processes
- Experience of and commitment to the development of blended delivery and online and independent learning
- Academic credibility with a track record of excellence in teaching
- Ability to successfully build external relationships with local businesses and other key external stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of recent initiatives in curriculum development and design, particularly with regards to creative industries
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.