Protocol are delighted to invite a health and safety officer for a leading FE College based in Greater Manchester.
This role will be working full time, starting February onwards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce and maintain the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and safety procedures as required, monitor and report to the Group Leadership Team and to the Health and Safety Committee on the implementation and effectiveness of these as required.
- Ensure Policies and Procedures are developed to enable the achievement of strategic aims and objectives in the area of legal compliance and best practice.
- Work closely with the Director of Premises to ensure that Health and Safety issues related to the Estates Function are addressed and that responses to risk assessments are prioritized, as well as providing advice on budget for health and safety requirements for compliance with existing/new legislation and regulations where appropriate
- Carry out specific risk assessments in conjunction with Heads of Studies as required, for example DSE assessments, external trips and specialist risk assessments for fire, for the workplace and DDA compliance.
The person & qualifications
- Diploma in Safety Management (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Be a qualified first aider
- Experience of working in Health and Safety management within a complex environment with a varied risk profile
- Experience of taking a lead health and safety role during major building projects.
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.