Protocol are working with an East Midlands based college to recruit for a full-time, permanent Motor Vehicle Workshop Technician!
This college boasts nationally-renowned former students as well as highly-skilled industry and academic professionals as part of their teaching staff. Priding itself on student-focused staff and inclusivity this establishment offers a warm and inviting learning environment for every student. Priding itself on one main shared value; personal success for students and all staff.
As well as classroom-based learning this organisation offers an array of Apprenticeships from Motor Vehicle to Dentistry to Business Administration. An opportunity for students to study in a stimulation environment with opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people in a different environment.
- During the lockdown, you will be expected to setup workshops for learners for 3 days per week and carry out general workshop duties for the remaining 2 days.
- Once lockdown is lifted, this will be supporting learners for 5 days per week with workshop setup and duties
- Involves regular lifting and moving of heavy objects including vehicles
- Regular maintenance checks and record keeping
- Risk assessments and COSSH management
The person & qualifications
- Will have a strong practical background in automotive, engineering or a similar practical trade
- Have experience with risk assessments and COSSH requirements
- Must be able to work on own initiative with limited supervision and the ability to hit tight deadlines
- Experience of maintenance checks and record keeping
- Full clean driving license with class BE and D1
- Experience within apprenticeships or education is desirable but not essential
- A DBS on the update service or dated in the previous 12 months through Protocol
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.