Protocol are partnered with the State of Jersey to provide exceptional academic teaching staff for the largest FE and Sixth form provider on the island. This educational front runner offer an array of courses from college to University level, working collaboratively with Open University, University of Plymouth and London South Bank University. Overseen by the Department for Education, Jersey offers its own unique curriculum with many similarities to that in the UK.
Year on year this Further Education College continues to meet the educational needs of the people of Jersey. Whilst maintaining a high learning environment this establishment furnishes students with the knowledge and wherewithal to live economically, socially and personally fulfilling lives. The college is a fantastic place to learn and to work and boasts enthusiastic staff and students who are motivated and positive about their courses and their learning.
Not only does Jersey offer a breadth of beautiful landscape and a wealth of history, it houses the perfect home and opportunity for an ambitious Social Work professional seeking for a new challenge.
This role can be fulfilled on a remote basis, however applicants are welcome to travel to the island where flights (or ferry) and accommodation are provided throughout the duration of the contract with the transport costs covered at the start and end of each term. Both temporary and permanent applicants are welcome to apply.
- To Coordinate the delivery of the BA (Hons) Social Work (Jersey) Higher Education programme delivered in partnership with their partner university, and act as lead tutor/link tutor for this programme
- To support the Head of HE in the development of the College’s Higher Education (HE) provision ensuring it meets the needs of students, employers and other internal and external stakeholders
- To support teaching and learning developments to ensure that the College as a provider delivers high quality, responsive HE
- To support the development and implementation of policies and procedures which support the quality improvement of HE
- To line manage departmental staff to ensure the optimal delivery and sustainability of HE programmes
- To work with a range of strategic partners to support the development of HE programmes
- To lead an HE programme of study.
The person & qualifications
- Should have experience lecturing BA Social Care
- Should have experience in a Programme Leader capacity
- Must hold a subject related degree
- Must hold a DBS dated within 12 months or on the Update Service
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.