Protocol are currently looking for a skilled and experienced caretaker to work on a full time basis on a college site based in Greater Manchester.
The role will be to assist in promoting a safe, secure and pleasant working environment by undertaking key-holding, maintenance and porterage duties including liaison
with staff, students, contractors and external visitors.
With specific duties including;
- To secure the premises and its contents, including the operation of fire, intruder and other alarm systems, and to be a keyholder.
- To receive contractors and ensure safeguarding and Health & Safety procedures are followed.
- Check and sign off work of contractors, which has been completed.
- To assist the Senior Facilities Co-ordinators in the monitoring, reporting, and, where appropriate, rectification of estates and health and safety issues.
- To set up areas for open evenings, exams, interviews, staff meetings, classroom delivery and training events.
- To act as a Banksman on deliveries, preventing injury to people or da mage to vehicles and property.
- To act as the courier to deliver and distribute print, post, packages etc. to all College centres.
- Respond promptly to requests for work and prioritise work schedules and complete tasks using the job logging system database within defined timescales.
- Operate and carry out essential checks to all College Vehicles.
- Undertake site risk assessments and work in a safe and considerate manner, using safety equipment and signage with full regard t o operational procedures, safety
measures and identified risks.
- Maintain equipment to a safe and serviceable standard and identify and report defects. Upkeep and repair tasks throughout all college centres and prioritise work
and complete differing tasks within a defined timescale.
- To act as Fire Marshall and maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations and good practice requirements
The ideal candidate will have
- Minimum of 1 year Estates/Facilities/Industrial experience
- Experience of working in an educational environment, possibly in a Estates/Facilities /site co-ordinator or similar
- Excellent communication skills
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.