Protocol are proud to be working with a leading national training provider who are currently looking for a high performing Sales Manager to help them generate apprenticeship starts with employers in their sector.
The ideal candidate will be someone that is focused on building quality long term relationships with employers and does not have an obvious “salesy” style!
This is a remote based role but will involve some travel to the Head Office based in the North West.
To generate a sales pipeline of new apprenticeship starts and commercial services to enable the business to achieve sustainable growth using new efficient sales techniques while introducing new products existing customers.
- To be responsible for identifying new business opportunities for apprenticeship delivery, driving negotiations and securing commercial contracts in line with proposed budgeted growth.
- To deliver transactional business, taking responsibility for the timely delivery of documentation to support learner starts, and commercial services.
- To monitor and evaluate emerging business opportunities with a view to making recommendations to the Leadership team.
- To ensure there are good commercial procedures in place including measurement tools to forecast success and review performance against monthly sales targets.
- To work with internal stakeholders to help develop marketing campaigns targeting industry employers.
- To support the business working with key internal and external stakeholders to maximize the potential of the Group’s products and services.
Key Performance Indicators
- Identification of target markets and science industry employers for our products and services.
- Growth of income in line with agreed budget through delivery of new business.
- Essential Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record in delivering sales / business development, sourcing and closing new business opportunities for Apprenticeships, training and skills products and services.
- The ability to self-generate leads and build effective relationships with employers.
- Understanding of qualifications and apprenticeship standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of dealing with multiple stakeholders and gaining results through effective negotiation.
- Proven administration and IT skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence at all levels internally and externally.
- Hold a full driving license and have own transport.
- Meet the requirements for and obtain a Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of marketing/commercialization of training products and services, especially apprenticeships.
- Understanding of the Skills Funding Agency and funding systems for apprenticeships
- Experience of working remotely
- H&S qualified or related experience
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process.
As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.