Protocol are proud to be working in partnership with Wigan & Leigh College to recruit an exceptional Teacher Education Lecturer to deliver level 7 qualifications.
Wigan & Leigh College has a long-standing history and reputation for providing excellence in teaching. They are committed to training highly skilled professionals of the future. As a growing college they are in a strong position to continue to invest in campuses with the development of state of the art facilities. Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, they are well on their way to becoming Outstanding.
- Are you a Master of Education, with a passion for teaching others?
- Do you aspire to work for a reputable college?
- Do you thrive on teaching and mentoring learners in higher education?
We are looking for a highly motivated lecturer with their own level 7 teaching qualification, who has previous experience of teaching level 7 qualifications to provide trainee teachers and students with the professional skills and knowledge needed for careers in the post-16 education sector. The trainee teacher’s benefit from the college’s partnership with UCLan and the Teacher Education department regularly attend additional CPD training with UCLan colleagues. The department requires a practitioner that has a proven track record in delivering outstanding results and a vision for contributing to a curriculum that offers a unique learning experience!
- To develop and deliver best practice in learning, teaching and assessment or Level 7 Teacher Education
- To assist in the implementation of pastoral and welfare systems for students, including induction, recording achievements and action planning
The person & qualifications
- You will be an experienced practitioner who secures success through the use of innovative approaches that enthuse and engage students.
- You will demonstrate excellence in teaching, learning and assessment and have a proven track record of this, including eLearning technologies.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to deliver qualifications up to level 7 with academic rigour, have effective organisation and leadership skills that are essential for ensuring our trainee teachers and students reach their academic and career aspirations.
- Applicants for this post must have a Master’s degree in a relevant subject area and have a commitment to leading and delivering outstanding teaching and learning.
- Be ready for a new challenge
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing college. In exchange for your expertise, the college offers an excellent permanent package including an attractive pension scheme, work from home days, cycle to work scheme, floristry, restaurant and beauty treatment discounts, CPD, learning & development and career opportunities.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.