Based in the beautiful rural setting of Malmesbury, tucked away in the Cotswolds. The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology is unlike any other higher education institution. Their mission to build a challenging and enriching educational experiences which are free, student-centric and aligned with the needs of the industry.
Protocol is proud to be supporting the Dyson Institute and recruiting for an Apprenticeship tutor.
Reporting to the Engineering workplace manager the apprenticeship tutor will play a key role in guiding undergraduates through the apprenticeship qualification. The apprenticeship tutor will work closely with the academic team and line managers from the Dyson business to identify development areas, coach and professionally develop the apprentices.
This will include but is not limited to the following: –
Knowledge and experience required:
- Provide support and advice to The Institute’s apprenticeship students such that they are engaged with their programme of learning, make progress in their development of knowledge, skills and behaviours and achieve the apprenticeship standard and associated qualifications.
- Support line managers so they understand their requirements in relation to meeting the KSBs of the apprenticeship standard
- Develop and optimise logbooks and learning evidence to meet the requirements of the Apprenticeship standard whilst minimising extra learner workload and providing rounded professional development.
- Develop frameworks and processes to track the progress of learners
- Work closely with End Point Assessment Organisations to ensure learners are prepared and ready for assessments.
- Work closely with the Engineering workplace manager to develop and improve the Dyson Institute workplace experience for Undergraduates and Line Managers.
- Hold quarterly conversations with the apprentice and line manager to coach and develop the undergraduates towards meeting the requirements of the apprenticeship.
Skills and behaviours required:
- This role would suit someone with a passion for coaching and development and experience of degree apprenticeships. You’ll need to be a confident communicator, able to translate the requirements of a degree apprenticeship to both students and wider business stakeholders.
- Proven experience in apprenticeship delivery and support
- Clear communication – able to tailor the conversation to different audiences to succinctly explain the requirements and benefits of the apprenticeship programme
- Collaborative – able to build and maintain effective working relationships and work cooperatively with others as part of a team
- Proactive – able to work autonomously and take the initiative to identify work that needs to be done and ways to support the team
- Experience of regulations and requirements surrounding the delivery of degree apprenticeship
- Experience or demonstrable interest in higher education
- An Engineering or Science background
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance-related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.