Early Years Trainer/Assessor
To deliver high quality teaching and assessment in apprenticeships and work-based learning withing the childcare and education sector. This is a home-based, field working role, engaging with learners from a variety of sectors, e.g., nurseries, schools and SMEs across Bradford, Leeds and Harrogate.
- Teaching and assessing the work of learners to successfully complete their chosen qualification/apprenticeship.
- Prepare apprentices for endpoint assessment.
- Retention of caseload of maximum 35 learners full time (pro rata part -time)
- Attending a minimum of 4 full team meetings at head office per year
- Joining monthly remote TLC meetings
- Testing and invigilating learners
- Ensure Functional and Digital Skills and delivered and embedded in all programs of study.
- Accurate record keeping in line with administrative policies and procedures.
- Undertake employer and learner surveys.
- Ensure on and off the job training is recorded accurately.
- Adhering to ESFA funding rules
- Monthly review of learner progress
- Maintaining calendar of appointments with full details of activity
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Maintain a personal CPD record including all mandatory training.
- Support learners to reach their destination from starting point.
- Give learners advice and guidance on their next steps.
- High level of communication with employers
- Proven sector experience and recent industry experience
- Meeting KPI’s with a proven record of learner retention and achievement.
- Relevant childcare subject to a minimum of level 3
- Assessment qualification – TAQA, A1 or D32/33 or equivalent
- Teaching qualification to a minimum of level 4
- Maths, English and ICT at GCSE, level 2 or above (or equivalent)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training, and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We are more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we have got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.