Protocol are delighted to invite a skilled Carpentry & Joinery Technician to work at an FE provider based in Lancashire. You will provide support to staff and students in the delivery of the curriculum predominately within Carpentry and Joinery. Setting up workshops / studios as required by academic staff in order to deliver the curriculum in a classroom / workshop environment.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate and have the drive and motivation to help learners to progress in their careers, increase their employability and support their personal development.
This position will be working on a full time, permanent basis.
- To maintain and service related equipment and maintain an accurate service log on an annual basis
- To co-ordinate and maintain supplies of consumables efficiently
- To follow specified safety procedures to ensure safe working conditions in accordance with safety regulations. Complete and update relevant risk assessments within a specified area promoting safe working practices
The person & qualifications
- Level 2 qualification in Carpentry & Joinery
- Industrial experience in site or bench joinery
- Competent at using and maintaining woodworking machines and equipment
- Experience of Health and Safety issues within the Carpentry and Joinery sector
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.