Capital Talent Box are the onsite agency of choice at West London College. Launched in summer 2020 to serve the college’s recruitment needs, its key aim is to provide quality agency associates to be part of the college’s continuing success.
We are currently recruiting for a qualified SEN Support Assistant to join a well-established team. The Learning Support team are fully committed to ensuring all of their staff are given the opportunity to progress and develop in their careers, within a professional and comfortable working environment.
You will be a key player in supporting the education of learners with a diagnosis of SEN who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
- To provide learning support for the learner in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the learner and seek advice from the Senior Learning Support Assistant, class teacher or other agency as required.
- To provide support for learners in order to promote access, integration and progression.
- Supporting students online via online classes, therefor strong IT are essential.
The person & qualifications
- Strong IT Skills
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Good understanding of key SEN issues e.g. code of practice, disability rights
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to understand and support children with developmental difficulty or disability
- Knowledge/Awareness of Autism
- Knowledge/Awareness of Challenging Behaviours
- A sound understanding of the need for Additional Learning Support
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply now.
The legal bit
CTB promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with CTB. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all CTB assignments. All positions advertised by CTB comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.