Protocol are delighted to be working with a leading local Training Provider based in North Yorkshire.
We are recruiting for a full-time permanent Functional Skills Tutor. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering Functional Skills English and Maths within the last two years.
This is a home based role, with travel as and when required.
- Deliver high quality and inclusive teaching and learning sessions remotely and at times face to face.
- Prepare relevant subject materials including resources, lesson plans and SOW that effectively meet awarding body requirements.
- Use results from the initial assessment system to plan and deliver learning needs.
- Track and record learner progress ensuring that accurate and reliable information on predicted achievement and success rates are readily available.
- Provide accurate, constructive, and timely formative assessment and feedback to learners.
- Ensure Functional and Digital Skills are delivered and embedded in all apprenticeships.
- Act on feedback from teaching observations, employers, peers or other review processes
- Promote and monitor equality and diversity in all aspects of the role and record issues that may arise.
- Attend a minimum of 4 full team meetings at head office per year
- Adhere to ESFA funding rules
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Maintain up to date knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Maintain a personal CPD record
- Support learners to reach their destination from starting point
- Be involved in Quality Assurance arrangements, including inspection by OFSTED
The person & qualifications
- Min. 1-year teaching experience (within last 2 years).
- Meeting KPI’s with a proven record of learner retention and achievement.
- Teaching Qualification
- Hold a subject specialism in English/mathematics, e.g. Level 5, subject specific degree, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of teaching and learning strategies
- Excellent organisational, IT and administrative skills
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle, must be flexible with travel when required.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.