Protocol are proud to be working with a leading provider seeking to appoint a Leadership and Management Tutor on a full-time basis.
You will be responsible for the coaching and development of Level 3-5 Leadership and Management learners through the Apprenticeship Standards Programme. (Opportunities exist for coaching of Level 6 and above specific accredited qualifications) You will deliver coaching sessions and facilitate teaching and learning that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills being applied into the workplace.
- Plan, prepare and deliver one to one coaching sessions with learners and employers
- Review the learners progress at agreed intervals, ensuring employer involvement in each review
- Contribute towards the development of our programmes and follow the agreed structures for delivery
- Be responsible for ensuring the learner keeps records for all learning activities undertaken during the apprenticeship
- Plan and preparing schemes of work, lessons or workshops
- Support and prepare learners in readiness for their end assessment
- Liaise with employers to ensure the best experience for both learner and employer
- Developing new course content and teaching materials
- Keep records and carry out other administrative tasks
- Attend meetings, professional development courses and workshops
- Act as personal tutor – supporting students and helping with problems
- Help develop the literacy & numeracy skills of ALL learners
- Refresh and develop new programmes in order to attract new students and markets
- Ensure the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all our delivery
- Create a dynamic and forward looking environment for both staff and students
- Engender a culture of excellence, co-operation and respect both within and beyond the department
- Make effective use of all staffing resources and seek opportunities for collaboration and joint working with others beyond the department and organisation
- Liaise closely with the Qualification Support Officers allocated to your learners
- Carry out any tasks set by co-workers that support the learner’s progress
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for both staff and students, and full compliance with health and safety requirements
- Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external
- Work with the employer and learner engagement teams to promote the department in a positive light
- Attend all pre-defined organisational meetings, including centre meetings and weekly Friday afternoon meetings
Whilst the role does not require specific formal qualifications it is expected that all candidates will have:
- Qualified to Degree Level in a subject relevant to your department
- Minimum Level 2 / GCSE grade C in English
- Minimum Level 2 / GCSE grade C in Mathematics
- Hold a Teaching Qualification/Assessor/ IQA Qualification.
- Achieved or be working towards a recognised coaching qualification
- Must have minimum 1 years’ teaching/training/coaching experience or similar experiences
- Minimum 4 years experience in a management role
- Attention to detail and good report writing skills.
- Have awareness of local and national priorities and an ability to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and great attention to detail.
- Good communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Have the ability to engage constructively with people
- Have the ability to manage a number of competing demands
- Have experience of coaching & mentoring others
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems
- Excellent spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Be willing and able to exercise judgement and take risks
- A creative, inventive outlook and the ability to articulate and implement your ideas
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of people
- Patience and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.