Protocol are currently recruiting for an Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence for Business to join a long-standing modern, forward-thinking University in West Yorkshire. With almost 10,000 students, the University is pioneering in developing new course subjects, reflecting and anticipating the needs of employers, students, and of society as a whole.
The School of Management is a leader in business education, research and knowledge transfer with more than 50 years’ experience of pushing the boundaries, regionally, nationally and internationally. Possessing triple-crown accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS and currently taking a leading role in shaping and driving the Artificial Intelligence (AI) field for the School and University. As a result, the School is committed to supporting this strategy with the appointment of an Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence for Business to contribute to research and teaching capability in this field.
The ideal candidate:
- Will possess a Doctorate in a relevant field
- Research track record at 3* or 4* CABS journal level and continue to be research active with grant capture activity and ambition.
- Evidence programme leadership experience
- Technical skillset
- Evidence business and community engagement activities with local and international business/organisations.
- Lead and contribute to the development and direction of the AI and Business area focusing on developing research as well as teaching materials in terms of Business Data Analytics, Applied Machine Learning and Big Data Strategy and any other similar topics at School and University level.
- Contribute to digital learning teaching, working closely with established partners and contributing towards the School’s leading FT ranked distance learning MBA programme.
- Contribute to the Faculty’s Research Centre’s reputation and impact to ensure a vibrant research environment
- Engage in strategic business engagement activities which support rankings and accreditations and other ad hoc surveys
- Plan, deliver and assess innovative, engaging and challenging teaching activities which provide a distinctive and exceptional student experience
- Contribute/lead the design and development of an inclusive, accessible and research-informed teaching curriculum and supportive learning activities
- Identify, promote, administer and grow placement activities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure high levels of student satisfaction and quality outcomes
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.