Protocol is delighted to invite a skilled and highly experienced Engineering Trainer / Assessor, to share their knowledge with students on our clients’ courses & apprenticeships and help to motivate and inspire Mechanical / Fabrication & Welding students throughout their study programs.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about Fabrication / Mechanical Engineering and have the drive and motivation to help learners to progress in their careers, increase their employability and support their personal development.
- To lead a team of trainer/assessors to deliver excellent learning for all our clients and be a mentor for all trainers and assessors.
- To assess learner’s activity both on and off site and make judgement of their competence.
- To deliver and plan all elements of training programmes against national occupational standards.
- To work in partnership with the Quality and Compliance Manager to establish our organisation as a high-quality training provider across all funding streams.
- To provide reports to managers as requested and comply with funding and compliance requirements.
- Provide tutorial and pastoral support to an allocated group of learners.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to minimum level 5 in mechanical/electrical engineering and maintenance.
- Teaching, assessing and verifier qualified.
- Experience of delivering ESFA funded learning in the last 3 years.
- Vocational experience within the last 5 years
- Proven track record of success in previous roles and demonstration of strong compliance and prioritisation skills
- Strong CPD record
- Able to make sound decisions work independently whilst able to take instruction.
- Full clean licence and access to a car
- Recent use of e-portfolios
- Holds level 2 English, maths, and ICT.
- Flexible and ‘can do’ work ethic.
- Knowledge and recent experience of Ofsted CIF
- Experience of EAL qualifications
- Worked in a similar role within the last 12 months.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We are more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we have got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.