Protocol is delighted to be working with an FE college in London in the recruitment to the full time and permanent position of Head of Inclusion.
The purpose of the post is: to ensure the College provides an inclusive environment for students and staff by advising on equality issues and developing, implementing and monitoring effective systems that provide support for students and staff with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The post holder will play a key role in promoting equality, working with curriculum teams to maximise the achievement of identified student groups, including Looked after Children. The post holder will be the College lead for Looked after Children.
The post holder will lead on the strategy for support across the college and have responsibility for the budget.
- The strategic lead on advising the college on legislative changes, good practice and policies relating to SEND, including the SEND Code of Practice, the Equality Act and
the Children and Families Act
- The strategic lead for advising the College about the potential impact of funding and legislative changes and presenting recommendations
- Advise and guide the College on quality issues for students with SEND, to include giving guidance to curriculum staff and sampling of EHCPs reviews
- Be responsible for the management and quality of support for students including EHCP reviews
- Lead the College on the development of policies and strategies to enhance the quality of support for students and staff with SEND
The person & qualifications
- Possess a degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role within a Further Education setting (highly desirable)
- Substantial recent experience of providing advice on legislation relating to disability discrimination within an education, training, care or employment setting.
- Relevant recent experience of providing support and tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of support provided to people with disabilities within an education, training, care or employment setting.
- Recent relevant experience of systems and policy development in response to the needs of people with learning difficulties.
- Experience of managing or supervising a team of support workers.
- Experience of maintaining a budget and possess up to date experience/knowledge of the funding of Additional Learning Support
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.