Protocol are delighted to invite an experienced Estates Manager to join over 500 staff at a large further education provider in Greater Manchester for a full-time, temporary ongoing position.
This role will see the successful candidate working for 37 hours per week. Flexibility is required as there will be occasions when evening and/or weekend working will be required. Further Education is continually developing and the rate of change is unlikely to slow down. You must therefore be flexible to take on changing responsibilities.
The college have a vibrant mix of Management, Academic and Business Support staff, all of whom come from a variety of different backgrounds. This in itself is a reflection of their commitment towards equality, diversity and inclusivity. Naturally, if you like people, and you’re passionate about education, all the better. In return, you’ll find a College that treats you with respect, listens to your views, looks after you and encourages you to develop both personally and professionally. The College is a Disability Confident Employer.
This role is to start as soon as possible. There is no official end date to recruitment for this position, so if you would like to be considered, please do not hesitate and apply today to ensure you don’t miss out!
- To ensure that all Estates Management Services are conducted in a way which provides a high quality Learning and working environment and a continually improving level of service to customers whilst optimising performance and value for money.
- To manage and provide leadership of the day to day activities of the Estates team and ensure a customer focus service delivery.
- Deputise for the Head of Estates and Health and Safety.
- Ensure Estates keep up to date with Legislative changes, Policies and Procedural guidance, Contractor control, tendering, H&S training, monitoring of Risk Assessments, Risk Registers, ensure consistent and regular reporting of Contractor KPi’s and Health and safety related matters.
- Manage and assist with periodic technical review of Contractor management Health and Safety
- Ensure Procedural and Guidance Documents are up to date SharePoint to ensure Assurance and Health and Safety Compliance
- Supervise on behalf of Head of section for tendering and awarding of contracts
- Co-ordinate internal audits and spot checks for compliance and H&S audits
- Assist the Head of Estates in managing the safety decommissioning requirements of any College buildings, M&E services, and plant/equipment.
- Oversee Department operational Risk Assessment Files with the Estates Health & Safety Assistant and Curriculum officers.
- Assist Head of section with Security and CCTV arrangements
- To manage and maintain the college property portfolio through VfM planned and reactive maintenance.
- To be the Estates contracts manager and monitor all outsourced contracts including but not limited to (M&E maintenance, grounds, cleaning, catering, security and PAT testing) and the procurement process.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the role as required by the Head of Estates and Health & Safety and Director of IT Services, Estates and Health & Safety.
The person & qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an Estates Team is essential
- Experience of delivering customer service within a college establishment including internal and external customers is desirable
- Experience of meeting KPI’s is essential
- Experience of managing and monitoring a team is essential
- Experience of managing budgets and projects is essential
- Experience of working in an educational environment is desirable
- A thorough working knowledge of legislation and good practice relating to the operation and management of buildings, building services, Estates and the workplace in general
- Planning skills and ability to develop provision to meet business needs
- A good standard of education including Maths and English Grade A* – C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy is essential
- A professional qualification in Estates/Facilities Management, BTEC (or equivalent) is essential
- Membership of a professional recognised institution is desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.