Protocol is delighted to be working with Barnsley College in the recruitment to the post of Programme Manager for Construction Apprenticeships.
The post holder will provide leadership and line management direction, motivation and be responsible for building a dedicated and skilled team, developing the curriculum and optimising learner enrolment, retention and success rates against targets and benchmarks.
- To be responsible for the management of specific programmes including the line management of course teams and effective curriculum co-ordination.
- To ensure the quality of teaching, learning and assessment through the evaluation, mentoring and coaching of new and existing teachers. To undertake staff development and training arising from this or from the needs of the Department.
- To manage performance, appraisal and development of staff within the programme area and lead and motivate a team of staff to achieve high standards of performance.
- To carry out mentored and graded lesson observations.
- To act as lead Internal Verifier within the programme area including liaison with relevant awarding bodies and External Verifiers.
- To teach on a range of programmes.
The person & qualifications
- Subject specific Degree or professional qualification at Level 4.
- Teaching qualification (PGCE/Cert Ed/QTS).
- IQA qualification or be willing to work towards this in the first twelve months.
- Management qualification (desirable).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of WBL Co-ordination within a relevant curriculum area.
- Management experience in a curriculum area (desirable).
- Evidence of having carried out and maintained good practice in a teaching and/or Assessment role.
- Evidence of innovative and creative curriculum and programme development.
- Evidence of contributing to quality assurance systems.
- Evidence of delivering high quality support for students.
- Understanding of recruitment, retention, achievement, success and timeliness data and its implications.
- Experience of internal/external verification process.
- Ability to motivate and inspire individual team members to achieve high standards of performance
- Experience of people management, eg performance, appraisal, staff development (desirable)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.