Protocol are proud to be working exclusively in partnership with JTL, a not for profit charity and the leading work based learning provider in the building services engineering sector across England and Wales and currently serve approximately 8000 apprentices and 3,800 in 7 regions.
Diversity and Quality is key to everything JTL do, they are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Leaders in Safeguarding, a Disability Confident employer, Investors in People since 1995 and currently hold an Ofsted Good rating and have been awarded several special Awards in recognition of the work they do.
Our client is now looking to recruit a pro-active and knowledgeable HR Manager with strong people management skills and excellent knowledge of employment law, this team is extremely busy so you will need to be resilient!
To be responsible for all human resource and people development activity at JTL ensuring that all activities meet business needs, comply with prevailing legislation and ensures that JTL can attract, retain and develop great people.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the HR team ensuring that all employees are appropriately motivated, trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Provide a comprehensive HR advisory service to managers and directors to ensure that the company follows best practice in management of its staff and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Monitor team performance to ensure that activities support the achievement of corporate objectives and ensure that appropriate action is taken to address performance issues.
- Ensure the company retain all existing external accreditations (IiP, Disability Confident, Committed to Equality) and apply for others as business needs dictate.
- Develop and implement HR policies and strategies which support business goals and ensure that these are communicated and implemented throughout the company in a way that supports corporate objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance of comprehensive HR records to ensure compliance with data protection, equal opportunities and other legal requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes to employment legislation and provide accurate advice to all staff including making recommendations and advising the Directors of the implications of legal changes for JTL and co-ordinate the implementation of these changes.
- Oversee the efficient and accurate running of monthly payroll.
- Offer advice to management and employees on performance and other employment-related issues & oversee disciplinary action responses.
- Promote equality diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- A relevant CIPD (ideally level 7) /HR degree-level qualification or significant experience in a similar role
- Maths and English at GCSE /O’level A-C, 9-5 or equivalent
- Proven human resources management experience
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Driving Licence and use of a car
- Experience in the work based learning or commercial training sector
- Experience in an Ofsted environment
- Experience within the e-learning/ blended learning environment