JOB TITLE: Student Support Worker
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £8.91 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
Are you passionate about supporting others?
Do you have personal care, SEND or care experience?
QRS are working on behalf of an established Further Education College within the Cambridgeshire area and are looking for Student Support Workers to join us in September for the new academic year on either a full-time or part-time basis.
You will be supporting learners with profound learning difficulties and complex needs within a group or on an individual basis within a classroom setting and sometimes in a practical setting within a further educational facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Clarify, explain, simplify, amplify and break down instructions to support comprehension
- Promote collaborative working by liaising with tutors about planned support for lessons and throughout the scheme of work
- Support teaching staff with behavior management of individual/group sessions
- Establish positive, constructive and supportive working relationships with learners, tutors and colleagues promoting a team ethos
- Undertake personal research to gain experience/develop knowledge about specific conditions/disabilities/learning difficulties and course areas
- Complete accurate daily support records including learner reviews, one page profiles, learner agreements, target setting, E journals and pro monitor records as part of ALS audit requirements, to maintain quality and monitor progress
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and vulnerable adults
The person & qualifications
- A personal care, SEND or care background is essential.
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent such as a Level 2 functional skills qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, passionate about supporting others, calm and hardworking.
- Good level of IT to support remote working and learning using a range of programmes.
If you are interested then please apply now! Interviews will be taking place throughout June.