Protocol are working with an excellent Further Education College based in Sheffield to recruit a Financial Business Partner for a full time permanent position
Up to £31,000 per annum
You will be reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner and working alongside the other Finance Business Partner, the team supports all departments within the College. Initially this will be a working from home role, but will be a 50:50 split in the future
Responsible for developing and implementing the College Capital expenditure policy and the monitoring and recording of investment project spend.
Provide specific support to the UTC on the preparation of budgets, year-end requirements, liaising with auditors and representation at Board meetings when required.
Other responsibilities for the business partnering team include the following :
- Post monthly payroll journals for TSC, SMS, SSL, STS and UTC inc. associated recharges.
- Ensure consistency with HR Payroll team re staff cost centres.
- Prepare staffing templates for all departments, inc. updating with latest forecast.
- Posting other monthly journals including recharges, Barclaycard spend, till transactions and UTC cashbook
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations each month for accruals, prepayments, deferred income, Payroll deduction accounts including net pay, tax / NI and pensions, for College, subsids, and UTC, Fees and Charges Payments Control account, and finance lease liability.
- Preparation of the National Statistics returns.
Responsible for ensuring that procedure notes are reviewed in line with activities and updates provided on at least an annual basis and in line with any process changes agreed.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.