Protocol are proud to announce that we are currently working with a well established college within the Essex area, currently delivering to over 8,000 students – their aim is to support each students individual skills in order to help launch and develop their careers. With both full-time and part-time as well as Apprenticeships courses available over 3 separate campuses, based in Colchester, Braintree and Clacton – they aim to deliver the best support possible to help students achieve their full potential.
They are currently seeking a full-time and permanent Technical Trainer & IQA in Engineering Manufacturing.
- To teach, train and assess candidates both in the college and in the workplace towards agreed qualifications/ standards / frameworks.
- Design, develop coordinate and deliver an individual programme of learning and assessment, including the development of behaviours, to ensure successful completion of candidates within the planned duration.
- Maintain target number caseload of apprentices/full cost learners.
- Carry out progress reviews in line with policy and setting action plans with clear and SMART targets for all elements of the training programme.
- To recruit and assess new candidates suitable for learning programmes in accordance to college processes and targets.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
The person & qualifications
- Should have previous experience of training and assessing, and have up to date knowledge of the elements and processes and apprenticeship frameworks.
- Have a subject related qualification at minimum Level 3.
- Significant industrial experience within the Electrical sector.
- Have an Assessor Award A1/D32/33.
- Hold an Internal verification award V1/D34 or the willingness to obtain it within 12 months.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.