Protocol are proud to announce that we are currently working with a well established college within the Essex area, currently delivering to over 8,000 students – their aim is to support each students individual skills in order to help launch and develop their careers.
They are currently seeking a Building and Maintenance and Construction Lecturer to work on a 29.6 hour per week schedule on a permanent basis
With both full-time and part-time as well as Apprenticeships courses available over 3 separate campuses, based in Colchester, Braintree and Clacton – they aim to deliver the best support possible to help students achieve their full potential.
- To prepare and conduct teaching/learning materials
- keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
- To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments.
- continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
The person & qualifications
- Education to level 3 or above and/or a professional qualification in a construction-based discipline
- Level 5 Teaching Qualification / completing within 3 years of employment or 3 years of the first available course
- Significant industrial experience within the construction/building maintenance sector – Practical trade skills in building maintenance related disciplines with a skills-set that includes plastering and tiling
- BTEC Higher National Cert or an equivalent level 4 qualification in a construction/building maintenance discipline – Assessor/Verifier
- DBS on the update or dated within 12 months
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.