Protocol are pleased to be working alongside this well-established organisation graded GOOD by OFSTED. They are currently seeking a full time and permanent Electrical Installation Technician.
The College mission is to provide inspirational, high quality education and training that meets the needs of individuals, employers and their local and wider communities.
From the moment you walk into their spectacular building you can see that the College is built for success. With first-class facilities and teaching staff you will receive support and guidance throughout your career. At this College you will be treated as an individual and not just a face in a crowd. They recognise that your next step could shape the rest of your life and it’s their job to make sure you have the right skills and guidance to get there.
The College has excellent facilities on site, including access to a stylish two-storey Learning Resource Centre for personal and group studies, sports halls, restaurants, state-of-the-art Mac suites, industry standard TV and Recording Studio (used by the BBC) & landscaped summer gardens. They continue to evolve to meet your demands and share a vision in helping you achieve your goals.
- Prepare learning areas for practical work liaising with Lecturers including learning materials and teaching aids
- Be visible and available to support learners and staff at timetabled lessons
- Have nominated responsibility for the supervision and maintenance of specified areas
- Maintain a stock of consumables in accordance with departmental needs
- Source and issue consumables and resources to staff and students in accordance with departmental policy
- Clean, maintain, and repair as necessary the departmental area resources, equipment and facilities
The person & qualifications
- A Level 3 vocational qualification in Electrical Installation (though level 2 may be considered)
- Knowledge/experience working within the Electrical Industry
- Experience of working with young people
- An understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Good organisational skills and ability to work with people in an ever changing environment.
- A full First Aid Qualification (or willing to obtain)
- Experience of stock control would be advantageous
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.