JOB TITLE: Learning Support Assistant
LOCATION: West London
SALARY: £11.48 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
Are you passionate about supporting students?
Do you have SEND, personal care or care experience?
CTB are working with West London College and are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join us in September for the new academic year in September!
You will be supporting learners with learning difficulties and complex needs within a group or on an individual basis within a classroom setting and sometimes in a practical setting within a Further Educational facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Clarify, explain, simplify, amplify and break down instructions to support comprehension
- Promote collaborative working by liaising with tutors about planned support for lessons and throughout the scheme of work
- Support teaching staff with behaviour management of individual/group sessions
- Establish positive, constructive and supportive working relationships with learners, tutors and colleagues promoting a team ethos
- Complete accurate daily support records including learner reviews and pro monitor records as part of ALS audit requirements, to maintain quality and monitor progress
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and vulnerable adults
The person & qualifications
- A SEND or care background is essential.
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent such as a Level 2 functional skills qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, passionate about supporting others, calm and hardworking.
- Good level of IT to support remote working and learning using a range of programmes.
If you are interested, then please apply now! Interviews will be taking place throughout July.
The legal bit
CTB promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with CTB. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all CTB assignments. All positions advertised by CTB comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.