Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Financial controller on a full-time basis in the Manchester area.
Our client is looking for a proactive manager, with excellent communication skills and the ability to identify and drive forward improvements across a range of transactional processes and systems
You will be a vital and proactive member of the Finance Management Team and have responsibility for the line management of several members of staff.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
Salary: £36,000 – £40,000
The person & qualifications
- Qualified as a full member of a main (CCAB / CIMA) accounting body
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
- Recent experience within the Education sector
- Experience in transactional and financial accounting
- Overseeing the effective and efficient administration of the clients purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash and banking, payroll, and the financial arrangements
- Maintaining the financial system and lead on the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Assisting the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer in providing an excellent service, which supports the client to achieve its strategic aims
- Managing the workload of Finance Operations team, ensuring all tasks are completed
- Overseeing monthly ledger closure routines within the timescales set by the month end timetable, including ledger reconciliations
- Overseeing the preparation and completion of various period-end balance sheet reconciliations and month-end journals
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.