Protocol are working with a further education college based in Birkenhead who are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to assist students undertaking their Construction qualifications. With a multimillion pound purpose built campus, this is a unique opportunity for a learning support assistant with a passion for construction to inspire and motivate students.The successful candidate will have worked within Construction have a related qualification, and previous experience of providing support in an education setting. They will have the knowledge and skills to support and enrich the learners experience of their course by providing support when it is required, whilst also encouraging their independent skills.
- Support students with SEND needs to complete their Construction qualification.
- Track the progress of an identified group of SEN students and implement strategies to support said students.
- Consistently promote positive values, attitudes, behaviour, social and emotional development of students.
The person & qualifications
- Education to degree level or A level/equivalent, including English and Maths GCSE A*- C.
- Experience of supporting students with a range of additional needs.
- Knowledge, understanding of assessment and reporting procedures for students with ALS needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding/ child protection process.
- DBS on update service or willingness to obtain one prior to September.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010. As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.