Protocol are working with a FE College in Birkenhead to recruit for a passionate Personal Care Assistant for the next academic year. We are looking to recruit the best talent. We want to hear from individuals that are passionate about providing high standards of personal care, are highly motivated, enthusiastic and have a commitment to learner achievement and success. You will be responsible for the personal care for a student within a college setting. A broad knowledge of personal care is essential and should include experience with Stomas, PEG feeding, oxygen, insulin injecting, feeding with swallowing reflex disorders.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support students with complex SEND needs, to use moving and handling where required.
- Track the progress of an identified group of SEN students and implement strategies to support SEND students.
- Consistently promote positive values, attitudes, behaviour, social and emotional development of students.
The person and qualifications:
- Education to degree level or A level/equivalent, including English and Maths GCSE A*- C.
- Experience of supporting students with a range of additional needs.
- Knowledge, understanding of assessment and reporting procedures for students with ALS needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding/ child protection process.
- DBS on update service or willingness to obtain one prior to September.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.