Protocol are proud to be working in partnership with South and City College Birmingham to recruit for a Nursery Nurse.
At South and City, they are proud of their diverse community and strive to be a socially inclusive organisation, where they believe that learners are the most important member of the college.
The college has exceptional facilities which they continue to invest in, including a purpose-built construction centre, fine dining restaurant run by students, an industry standard auditorium and much more.
SCCB are an exceptional committed college ensuring students have the relevant skills, qualification and experience required for their future.
Apply today and start your journey with SCCB.
- Support in the Baby room
- To keep children safe during their nursery experience and follow the settings and colleges safeguarding procedures
- Organise and provide a stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and outdoors, relevant to the ages, stages and needs of the children
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in relation to self, children, equipment and the environment.
- Take an active part in development of language through activities and everyday interaction with children.
- Maintain a suitable record of each child’s development using the current EYFS and record using the nurseries recording methods.
- Attend, prepare and take part in regular parent evenings and parent workshops
- Promote a sense of identity and worth in each child, which takes a positive view of his/ her culture, religion and home environment
- Attend staff meetings and training where and when required
- Assist in the training of child care students and offer practical help to them
- Access training opportunities for your personal and professional development.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the nursery manager
The person & qualifications
- At least 2 years experience of working in a baby room
- A clear enhanced DBS certificate
- Early years qualification
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.