We are currently working with a not for profit, funded charity in the employability sector, to help hire their next tutor to join their organisation and teach a small cohort of learners functional skills level 1 & 2.
Please see the job description / requirements below:
Purpose of Job
• To deliver, assess and evaluate accredited and non-accredited learning programmes to adults who are in recovery from substance misuse (both face to face and remotely delivery).
• To connect with individuals who may benefit from joining.
motivate and orientate individuals towards enrolment and participation.
• Support individual learners to achieve their personal development plans and consolidate their recovery progress. With a view of supporting individuals into volunteering, work experience and employment.
• To connect students to externally delivered educational/training opportunities.
Scope of Job
Responsible for all aspects essential for the delivery of high quality accredited and non-accredited classes, including initial assessment, session planning, individual learner support, delivery and formative/summative assessment and feedback.
Supervision and coordination of students will be required.
• Teacher/Training/Assessing Experience and or qualification e.g. Adult education qualification e.g. Award in Education and Training, Diploma in Education and Training, or equivalent, or willing to work towards.
Teaching and learning support
• To assist with the development of assessment tasks that are fit-for-purpose and which map to the Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria set out in the Qualification Specification.
• To facilitate functional skills initial and diagnostic assessments.
• To deliver and facilitate Level 1 & Level 2 accredited progression units (L1 Award/Certificate in Progression and L2 Award in Progression).
• To deliver and facilitate non-accredited sessions.
• To use a variety of teaching methods and appropriate resources, to enable students to maximise their learning and develop confidence and the ability to learn independently and in a group.
• To plan, reflect and review each learner’s progress on a regular basis.
• To establish and maintain standards of conduct with and for the learners.
• To encourage blended learning integrating online and classroom teaching.
• To develop and maintain close partnership links with local adult education/training providers, community organisations and employers to support students to access additional learning opportunities
Education & Experience
• Teaching/training/assessing experience and/or qualification e.g. AET/DET or equivalent or willing to work towards
Good general level of education including Level 2 Maths and English
• Experience of developing teaching and learning materials
• Experience of the tracking and monitoring of individual progress
• Experience in the preparation and planning of assessments and personal development plans
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience of working with people from a range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Experience of working with vulnerable adults
• Experience of working in the drugs and alcohol field
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.