JOB TITLE: Senior Science Technician
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £21,682 per annum
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College and are currently recruiting for a Senior Science Technician to join the Science team on a full-time permanent basis.
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to utilise your skills and experience whilst developing your own career, this role will be both rewarding and fulfilling.
Within this role you will support the teachers across FE and HE level Science courses and the key duties of our Lab Technicians include:
- Set up and removal of lab equipment prior to lab sessions following strict health and safety guidelines.
- Liaising with teaching staff to identify requirements of classes.
- Responsible for all science degree practical sessions and supporting staff during the practical session.
- Supervision of dissertation students, while they carry out their lab work for their projects.
- Arranging quotes for lab equipment.
- General maintenance of lab equipment.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Being responsible for the overall running of the labs within the science department with support from the other 2 technicians.
The person and qualifications
- Experience of working or have the knowledge of working within a microbiology or molecular biology laboratory
- Have strong science skills, in particular Biology knowledge.
- It would also be advantageous to have knowledge of preparing solutions in a chemistry environment.
- Must hold at least a Level 3 or above in a relevant qualification and suitable experience of working with Science degrees up to Level 6.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can quickly build relationships, with excellent organisation, planning and communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience is also required.
The working hours will be 37 per week Monday to Friday, which may include some evenings covering both FE and HE terms. There will also be an occasional Saturday.
If you are interested in this role then please apply now!
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.