Protocol is currently recruiting for Work Placement Officer in the Northampton Area. This is a full time permanent position, open to those who are eager to help source and support individuals into new high quality work placement opportunities.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000
Enhanced DBS is required. However if you do not currently hold one of these, we are able to help you obtain one if successful.
The person & qualifications
- To source work placements for students within your School.
- To ensure a high quality placement experience is provided for students to meet the requirements of their course as per College policies .
- To source and support relevant work experience and work placements for students.
- To check compliance and that placements are suitable for students.
- To review all placement providers are fully committed and able to provide relevant supervision in a healthy and safe environment.
- To work closely with the curriculum delivery teams to identify high quality work placement opportunities.
- To deal with enquiries from work placement organisations , colleagues, parents and students in person, via the telephone, email and online.
- To identify and report any gaps in any incomplete College work experience checklists for students.
- To look for further employer engagement opportunities whilst liaising with businesses and inform other college staff as appropriate.
- To provide feedback on placements to tutors, course managers and Heads of School.