Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced HR Consultant on a 3-month Temporary Contract in the Essex area.
The purpose of the HR Consultant, will be to take the lead on the Pay Structure Project, develop and implement a detailed project plan, review the work completed, make recommendations as to the new pay structures, and assist the Head of Department in the development of a new pay strategy and structure.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
This role will be remote but will need to travel to site on occasion.
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 Pro Rata
The person & qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of designing and implementing pay structures and reward schemes within a large organisation.
- Have CIPD qualification and be either a Chartered or Member or Fellow member of the institute
- To lead on the pay structure project, working with the Head of HR and Senior Leadership Team and contribute to the achievement of the strategic aims relating to pay and retention.
- To develop a project plan incorporating associated deadlines and key responsibilities.
- Design and develop a pay strategy and structure that is fit for purpose, transparent, fair, and equitable, and affordable for the associated subsidiary private limited companies.
- Resolve concerns identified within the current pay structures taking into account the various roles and responsibilities and challenges of recruiting to our highly skilled and niche positions.
- Develop and implement an effective communication strategy and plan using all forms of media.
- Research employment trends for pay structures and reward schemes, identify, and recommend those that fit our values and offer the best value for money.
- Lead on a staff survey relating to pay and reward, analyse the findings, and produce recommendations within the proposed new structures.
- Research and recommend solutions with regard to the Pension Schemes offered for the College and private limited subsidiary companies.
- Make recommendations for contractual options, which are fair and equitable for staff to consider.
- Develop and ideally implement a flexible reward scheme which compliments the proposed new pay structures and is uncomplicated in its administration.
- Work in partnership with the HR Data and Systems Analyst to ensure our HR MIS System can easily accommodate the new pay structures / reward schemes.
- In partnership with the Head of HR and Senior Leadership Team, lead on the formal communication and consultation process involving our Staff Consultation Group and Staff Representatives along with key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Head of HR and HR Operations Manager, to develop a reward communications agenda including, new staff induction materials, on-going employee communications along with any annual reviews and processes.
- Ensure that any proposal enables compliance with our legal and statutory obligations.
- Develop a college brand for the new pay and reward scheme to market information.
- Review relevant HR Policies to ensure the new pay and reward structures are incorporated as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of HR to design and implement an annual pay and reward statement to communicate relevant information to all staff on their entitlements.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted, you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.