Protocol are working with a West Midlands college home to four different sites to recruit a Mechanical Engineering Lecturer on a full-time basis.
This establishment offers a range of courses from 16-19, adult learning, apprenticeships and Higher Education. Priding itself on developing strong relationships with local employers, business organisations and stakeholders this college offers key work-based and industry opportunities to strengthen students future careers. Also offering a wide range of academic courses this college boasts highly experienced lecturers with the ability to deliver excellent teaching practice cross the entire college curriculum.
- To teach across a range of programmes in Engineering and associated areas.
- To develop the curriculum in Engineering and associated areas.
- To deliver high quality teaching and learning by providing students with a planned learning and assessment experience, effectively manage and monitor the learning experience, provide timely and constructive feedback and guide/support learners to achieve their learning goals.
- To produce lesson plans, appropriate to groups and individuals.
- To contribute to the continual quality improvement mechanisms and keep accurate
records of learners ILPs, progress and performance.
The person & qualifications
- Level 4 Engineering qualification and or time served Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Experience of working within the Engineering Industry.
- Hold or be willing to gain a teaching qualification within 2 years of appointment.
- Ability to engage and motivate learners.
- A flexible, can-do, attitude.
- Ability to address and manage change.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and supporting learners.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.