We are recruiting on behalf of our client, who are a leading provider who in turn, work with their customers across the whole of the UK and have been growing year on year since their creation in 2004.
They currently have an opportunity for a Freelance Trainer to join them in delivering workshops on Inclusion. This workshop is designed to inspire leadership teams to make human-centered change towards cultures of inclusion and belonging within their organisation. It offers a framework for unifying diverse individuals in the workplace under their greater common business purpose and ensuring their voice is heard equitably in the realisation of these goals. Some of the topics covered have traditionally caused polarisation, guilt, and even shame. The sessions should be approached with care and expertise, supporting participants to understand the systems they operate in and take personal pride and accountability for building something better. You will take participants on a journey to connect deeper with DEI, to think differently about it than perhaps they ever have before and be moved to care enough to do different things in the pursuit of it.
This is a freelance role offering 2 – 3 workshops per month, (circa 6 hrs) and on an ongoing basis.
The aim of the workshop delivery
- To understand the SEED model, perspective taking and goal setting aproaches
- Understands unconscious bias and how to recognise it in themselves
- Beginning to reflect on some of own biases
- Grasps the depth and breadth of stereotypes and how they affect people
- Building human connection – we all have difference and uniqueness
- Understands the benefits of self-reflection
- Have a framework that they can apply in situations where they feel in a fixed mindset
- Broadening view on types of diversity
- Appreciates the ways in which societal norms dictate who fits in
- Starting to think about inclusion in a wider sense than simply hiring and promotion
- Understands the benefits of empathy
- Have a framework that they can apply in situations where they feel need to connect with others
- Recognise hegemonic leadership and decision making
- Notice whose voices are missing
- Understand that having privilege doesn’t necessarily mean that you are ‘privileged’
- Believe that decisions should be made by diverse groups
- Understands the benefits of empowerment
- Have a framework that they can apply in situations where they need to bring in new voices
- Understand the difference between systemic and individual bias
- See how their role as a leader is linked to this
- Can recognise how biases are embedded into processes
- Know how to apply the SEED model in real workplace situations
- Have a framework that they can apply in situations where they need to evaluate and evolve systems
What will you bring?
- Proven workshop facilitation experience
- Delivery experience within Inclusion training
- Training/Teaching qualification
- Passionate about ‘Inclusion Training’
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.