Protocol are currently working with Bournemouth University in their recruitment for a Principal Academic in Nursing & CPD. The successful candidate will support the Head of Department and other senior academic staff to develop, lead and/or deliver CPD activities in the Department of Nursing Science.
- You will lead major activities and/or procedures in the Faculty.
- You will participate in financial monitoring and control as required.
- You will possess an established body of published work and/or artefacts relevant to own discipline both in
terms of type and volume as defined in the Academic Career Framework.
- You will be able to demonstrate well established and continuing evidence of educational delivery and good practice as defined in the Academic Career Framework.
The person & qualifications
- You will be registered on the Mental Health part of the Nursing Midwifery Council Register.
- You will have expertise in subject area, a PhD would be desirable, however, if you are educated to a postgraduate level and have the desire to complete a PhD, you will still be considered.
- You will have relevant teaching qualification (e.g. Higher Education Academy (HEA) Practitioner or equivalent) or significant teaching experience with a commitment to achieving the required Professional Standards for Teaching.
- You will have the ability to collaborate professionally and financially with relevant sector organisations to enhance teaching.
This is a pay grade 8 role, with a rough salary of £40,000-£50,000, however this is dependent on experience.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.