Curriculum & Training Director
Our client exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. They partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 500,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work.
Just this year, they have established their Technology Academy as part of their mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
They have purpose built, a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. Training of the first cohort of 50 learners started in February and has been hugely successful and their engineers have been thriving with partner firms since May 2021.
They have already run their first iteration of a 12-week training curriculum, but now have ambitious plans to improve the overall learning experience. On their behalf, we are seeking an experienced Full Stack Trainer who is passionate about upskilling, mentoring, and teaching others to both iterate and deliver Full Stack Engineering training for our future cohorts.
This is a unique opportunity to be heavily involved in designing our Full Stack Engineering Bootcamp within a fast-scaling team that looks to shake up the ‘Academy’ market and make a genuine difference to young people’s lives. You’ll lead the training delivery team and quickly become the figure head of our curriculum innovation, as we tailor our programmes to industry needs. In addition, you will feel passionate about the ongoing development of our cohorts as they move into roles for our client partners, ensuring each consultant is provided with opportunities to constantly broaden their skillset.
What we’re looking for:
- Multiple years’ experience training people in Software Engineering
- Experience training, mentoring, or supporting junior software engineers
- An expert communicator at all levels of an organisation and you feel confident in a client facing capacity
- Hands on / commercial experience and an understanding of how it works “in the real world” not just in a classroom
- An entrepreneurial mind who is passionate about developing others and is excited by the prospect of truly disrupting and innovating an industry
- An understanding of the entry-level technology market and the requirements of a junior software engineer
What you will be offered:
- Autonomy to create and be part of a world beating training bootcamp to develop the brightest, most diverse technology talent on the market
- The chance to disrupt an industry and provide the world’s best employers with better access to high performing technical talent
- An opportunity to be join the team early in our growth journey – scratching your entrepreneurial-itch without the downside risk
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!)
- The opportunity to work with a high-growth and rapidly scaling business
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays
- Share options after 1 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular team socials (virtual and face-to-face when allowed!)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We are more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we have got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.