English & Maths Specialist – Borehamwood, Herts
As Specialist of English & Maths you will drive forward our client’s curriculum offering, for English & Maths programs including GCSE, Functional skills & Entry level across all departments via their online platform. You will create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement with an unrelenting focus on high expectations, progress and learner achievement.
You will develop effective working partnerships with the operations teams, shared services and their team to improve performance and quality, to support the achievement of targets and objectives for English & Maths.
- To be accountable for the standard of English & Maths online delivery throughout the department
- To comply and implement the company’s Maths & English strategy
- To ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and addressed
- To work with the Quality and Operations teams to ensure outstanding quality of the learner experience and achievement in English & Maths
- To be accountable for ensuring that we follow and comply with our Lead Providers quality assurance and improvement measures as required for Maths and English
- Keep up with relevant developments in, learning and teaching that impact upon programmes and delivery
- Identify and advocate introduction of appropriate new teaching methods within Microsoft Teams for online learning and new modes of delivery, such as evening work or face to face delivery
- Level 5 / QTLS/ PGCE Qualified
- FS L1 & 2 Math & English delivery experience
- GCSE Math & English delivery Experience
- Ability to deliver engaging M & E lessons online (all levels of qualifications)
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Ability to deliver lessons in the evening
- Ability to deliver CPD training to staff
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to develop a close and effective working
- Strong interpersonal skills including, motivational, negotiating, influencing and networking
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for the teaching and learning agenda within Further Education
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
- Competent & extensive IT skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Clean driving licence and access to own car
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We are more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we have got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.